Ministry of Human Rights writes to Chief of Police proposing SKCK be abolished

Ministry of Human Rights writes to Chief of Police proposing SKCK be abolished



 

Jakarta - The Ministry of Human Rights has sent a letter to the National Police Chief, General Listyo Sigit Prabowo, containing a proposal that the police record certificate be abolished because it is considered to have the potential to hinder citizens' human rights.

Director General of Human Rights Instruments and Strengthening of the Ministry of Human Rights Nicholay Aprilindo during a discussion at his office, Kuningan, Jakarta, said the letter was signed by the Minister of Human Rights Natalius Pigai and had been sent to the National Police Headquarters this Friday.

"Alhamdulillah, earlier the Minister signed a letter of proposal to the Chief of Police to revoke the SKCK based on the studies that we have conducted academically and practically," said Nicholay.

He explained that the proposal emerged after the Ministry of Human Rights conducted checks on various correctional institutions (prisons) in several regions. During the visit, recidivist prisoners were found.

Former inmates are back in prison because of the difficulty of finding work after leaving prison, so they are forced to repeat their illegal actions. They are burdened with the SKCK which is a requirement for job vacancies.

According to Nicholay, even if former convicts get SKCK, there is a statement stating that they have been convicted. Therefore, it is difficult for companies or other workplaces to accept former convicts.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Top Offers