KKP: Palabuhanratu PPN operating optimally after flash floods

KKP: Palabuhanratu PPN operating optimally after flash floods

 







Jakarta - The Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries ensures that the operations of the Palabuhanratu Archipelago Fisheries Port in Sukabumi, West Java, continue to run optimally following the flash flood disaster that hit the area.

Acting Director General of Capture Fisheries at the Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries Lotharia Latif said that public services for the community are still running well and the facilities at the fishing port can be used as they should.

"We have reviewed, identified which ones are damaged and which ones need repair. We also checked the cold storage facilities , fishing boats and fish markets to ensure the fish distribution chain is maintained and there are no obstacles," said Latif on the sidelines of checking the Palabuhanratu PPN in Sukabumi as stated in Jakarta, Monday.

Latif conducted the review accompanied by the Acting Secretary of the Directorate General of Capture Fisheries Ridwan Mulyana, Director of Fisheries Ports Tri Aris Wibowo and Head of PPN Palabuhanratu Yusuf Fathanah.

Checks on various facilities affected by flash floods include bridges connecting fuel distribution, regional roads, port access bridges, fish marketing center areas and other facilities.

He admitted that he had asked the Director of Fisheries Ports and the Head of PPN Palabuhanratu to conduct an inventory of facilities that needed further handling.

In addition, coordination with the Regional Government and related agencies is being carried out so that port operations in serving fishermen who will go to sea can run well and normally as before.

In addition to the facilities previously affected by the flood, this review was also conducted to ensure the availability of fish stocks at the Palabuhanratu fish market is safe with stable prices and no potential spike in fish prices.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Top Offers